Wednesday, May 7, 2008

An Oldman's Ode to friends










Awful but awesome


On the road of my edgy existence,
A number of friends I fenced.

Some of them were awe-inspiring dopers,
And they slept on grass like candid lovers.

Few of them were moderate and bookish,
But they were wild about booze and fish.

We sustained our whole days with fags,
And passed the deserted night on rags.

The moment comes and the moment goes,
A few of them died and some of them I lose.

All my friend were awful but awesome,
If they were here in this life of lonesome,

Together we can sit and gossip of old times,
And in the sky the sun of our love again shine.


Jaq






1 comment:

Bohemia in Calcutta said...

sweet poem, jaq, made me so wistful

brings back the perfect perfume of memoryland ...the sun peeping out from clouds

thanks

~~scio amo